Here is the list of my Top 6 cafes or restaurants in Ubud – all of them are a must if you are visiting the beautiful central Bali area!
1. Citta Ovest – Pizza and pasta to die for all for reasonable prices! If you like more traditional Balinese flavours, try the Alla Balinese pizza (with balinese pork sausage), or the Alla Ayam Sambal Matah (chicken pizza with lemongrass).
2. Cinta Grill – Huge menu and a great happy hour! I recommend trying something from the grill that is placed in the restaurant so you can watch the grill masters at work. Here is my favourite dish, the half rack of ribs, with sweet potato fries and Bali fern-tip salad!
3. Watercress – This restaurant has a massive menu as well, from breakfast bowls, brunch, main courses, to probably the greatest burger known to man. They use Australian beef for the burger, and pack it full of delicious ingredients like caramelised onions and cranberry & walnut slaw. Nice seating area upstairs that gets the sun until late. They also serve Revolver Coffee here too, which made me extremely happy on those early mornings!
4. Nalu Bowls – This cafe just opened its Ubud branch in April this year, but has found its feet well. It follows the same smoothie bowl menu from its other stores in Seminyak, Uluwatu and Canggu. My favourite is the Mavericks bowl (below).
5. Cafe Vespa – Located a good 15-minutes out of downtown Ubud, this cafe is definitely worth the easy journey for breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner or dessert (as they are open from 8am until 10pm daily). Fresh ingredients, a creative menu and organic produce as far as the eye can see. Affogato is always a good idea here.
6. Seniman Coffee Studio – Right in the heart of Ubud, just off Raya Ubud, Seniman offers what seems like hundreds of different kinds of coffee – whether it is the origin of the bean you are interested in, the temperature (cold brew available), or the amount of milk/foam in your caffeine, Seniman has the perfect brew for you. Not only is the coffee spectacular but the menu covers all taste buds, with indulgent offerings such as crispy springs rolls and waffle stacks, to the slightly healthier options of tuna tartar or falafels. My favourite thing on their menu though was the Dragonfruit smoothie bowl (below)!
What are your favourite cafes or restaurants in the area? Comment below so that I can go check them out next time!